Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
A healthier dessert alternative
1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
1 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
¾ cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, 62% cocoa or higher, chopped
2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, unrefined
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Combine peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour, and maple syrup in a medium bowl; blend well with a spatula until mixture forms a uniform dough.
3. Using clean hands, shape dough into twenty-four 1-inch balls; place a toothpick in the center of each ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Fill small saucepan with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low.
5. Place a heat-proof mixing bowl over saucepan. Add chocolate and oil. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted. Make sure water does not splash into the bowl.
6. Remove balls from refrigerator. Hold a ball by the toothpick and dip into chocolate, swirling to completely coat. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with each ball. (For any uncoated areas, coat carefully with a spoon dipped into chocolate.)
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate has hardened.
8. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
TIPS: • You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place morsels and oil in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted. Do not overcook. • To prevent the balls from sticking to your hands when you roll them, lightly coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
Find step-by-step instructions, watch the FIXATE episode on Beachbody On Demand!