Daylight Savings – How to Adjust your sleep schedule with the time change & do more in less time.
Daylight saving time is a great time to reset your sleep habits, as well as your clock, and getting more done when it feels like you have less time.
If you have trouble sleeping, try the following sleep tips:
Go to sleep and wake at the same time every day, and avoid spending more time in bed than needed.
Use bright light to help manage your “body clock.” Avoid bright light in the evening and expose yourself to sunlight in the morning.
Use your bedroom only for sleep to strengthen the association between your bed and sleep. It may help to remove work materials, computers and televisions from your bedroom.
Select a relaxing bedtime ritual, like a warm bath or listening to calming music.
Create a sleep environment that is quiet, dark and cool with a comfortable mattress and pillows.
Save your worries for the daytime. If concerns come to mind, write them in a “worry book” so you can address those issues the next day.
Exercise regularly … at any time of the day that feels right for you.
Follow my tried and true tips for getting more done in less time:
- Ditch the idea of multitasking. Really, your brain can only focus on ONE thing at a time. You really just toggle from one task to the next and that takes time to refocus each time you switch from one task to another.
- Just do one task at a time.
- Do a master brain dump. When your brain starts to go crazy with ideas of all the things you have to do, just take a few minutes to write it all down. No need to worry about spelling or grammar, just get it down on paper and out of your head!
- Make a to-do list from your brain dump.
- Label things today, tomorrow, this week, this month, and this quarter then focus your time accordingly.
- Use a calendar and use the reminders to alert you of things so nothing slips your mind.
- If you fall off track, just get right back on. You don’t have time to beat yourself up about it and it does no good!
- Always keep your to-do list with you and check it all the time for what’s up next.
- When it is time to complete a task put your phone away and on silent.
- Stay off social media..DUH!
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)