Yoga Instructor I
YMCA John Rolfe and Elizabeth Randolph Lewis Powhatan 6/2013-Present
Group exercise teaching varying levels of yoga classes.
Teaching varying levels of yoga classes to MMA fighters. 6/2013-Present
Senior Communications Officer/Administrator & Emergency Medical Technician
VCU Health Systems – Richmond, VA. 2008 – Present
Managing the Communications Room and its staff in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume Level 1 Trauma Center/Medical Control for disasters in the Central Virginia Region. Effectively communicates and works closely with higher management, Emergency Department, and in-house staff. Primary contact for patients arriving via ambulance and helicopter. Maintains efficient patient flow into the Emergency Department and organization. Communicates patient arrivals to appropriate staff. Accurately creates documents and reports. Maintains a clean, safe environment, and insures adequate inventory of supplies and equipment.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Supervision of Communications Room and Staff
- Oversees all administrative functions of the Communications Room
- Creates and discerns reports for the Communications Room
- Assists in developing training programs for Communications Room staff and outside Emergency Medical/Fire Agencies
- Integrates Emergency Room operations with Emergency Medical/ Fire Agencies
- Assists with Communication Room quality assurance and quality improvement
- Works directly with hospital Emergency Preparedness Management staff to improve disaster planning and preparedness
- Receives patient care reports from incoming ground and air ambulances and enters into patient reporting system
- Provides ambulances pertinent, initial documentation material then directs them to the appropriate area of the Emergency Department/Hospital based upon set criteria
- Communicates diversion status for hospital to community and EMS agencies
- Assumes Medical Control for the Central Virginia region when it is deemed necessary and during disasters
- Initiates notification of appropriate personnel in the event of a Hazardous Materials or Mass Casualty incident
- Keeps Emergency Department clinical leadership apprised of potential evolving medical related issues within the community
- Coordinates incoming aircraft and their arrival to either the primary or secondary helipad
Assistant Child Care Teacher
Open Arms Christian Development Center – Chesterfield, Va. 2010-2010
Assist lead teacher, at all age levels from infant to school age, with all aspects of curriculum to promote children’s social-emotional development and learning in the core areas of literacy, mathematics, science, and social studies using Creative Curriculum. Assist and, at times, lead teach in early childcare activities such as storytelling, sharing, music, and playing; outdoor play – with games, exploring, exercise, indoor child-selected play – with developmentally appropriate toys, sand and water play, nature study and field trips.
Scheduling Manager/Field Training Officer/Emergency Medical Technician
American Medical Response/Richmond Ambulance Authority – Richmond, VA 2000 – 2009
Lieutenant Scheduling Supervisor managing scheduling and assisting with payroll for approx 250 employees in a premiere, high performing, fast paced Emergency Medical System. Field training officer with duties that include classroom training and on the job skills training. Emergency Medical Technician on an ambulance assisting Paramedic with emergency medical care of the sick and injured.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Om On Yoga
200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies with a Minor in Religious Studies (Graduation Date Spring 2015)
John Tyler Community College, Chesterfield, Va.
Associates, Arts and Sciences with a Specialty in Teacher Education
Chesterfield Fire and EMS, Chesterfield, Va.
Certificate, Emergency Medical Technician/Fire Fighter I &II, Haz-Mat Awareness & Operations
Chesterfield County Public Schools, Chesterfield, Va.
Diploma, Monacan High School
September 1996 – June 2000
Emergency Medical Technician
Richmond Volunteer Rescue Squad, Richmond VA
March 2009 – Present
Children’s Church Teacher
St. Paul Lutheran Church, Mechanicsville VA
April 2008 – 2011
Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician
Phillips Volunteer Fire Department, Chesterfield VA
January 2000-August 2007
Emergency Medical Technician
Ettrick-Matoaca Volunteer Rescue Squad, Chesterfield VA
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America-Certified Personal Trainer
Institute for Integrative Nutrition-Holistic Health Coach and Nutritionist